Re: Skew Mu

From: Sigurd Skogestad <Sigurd.Skogestad@chembio.ntnu.no>
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 17:57:45 CEST

Dear Rod Holland,

I am not quite sure where the term skewed-mu originated, but I am sure it
comes from John Doyle.
The term is used in the Mu-tools Matlab manual from 1995.

However, the use of skewed-mu is much older. In fact, I wrote a program
called fmuscl back in 1985
at Caltech for computing "skewed-mu" (it was called "scaled mu" in those days).

Best regards,
Sigurd Skogestad

At 12:47 PM 7/12/01 -0600, you wrote:
>Dr Skogestad,
>
>I'm doing research (dissertation) involving the use of skew mu.
>Starting on page 321 of your book, you give a brief statement of the
>skew mu problem, but no specific listing of references (other than the
>rather large one at the back). Do you have any references for skew mu (
>I've already tracked down material by Ferreres and Glavaski )? At the
>moment I'm trying to do a partial literature search in preparation for
>my preliminary exam. Any references you could provide would be greatly
>appreciated.
>

>Sincerely,
>

>Rod Holland
>
>Dept of Elec and Comp Engr-Colorado State University
>Fort Collins, CO

Sigurd Skogestad, Professor and Head of Department Phone: +47-7359-4154
Department of Chemical
Engineering Home: +47-7393-6855
Norwegian Univ. of Science and Technology (NTNU) Fax: +47-7359-4080
N-7491 Trondheim email:
sigurd.skogestad@chembio.ntnu.no
Norway
www.chembio.ntnu.no/users/skoge