Re: On the question of Helicopter control and it's simulation

From: Prof I. Postlethwaite <ixp@leicester.ac.uk>
Date: Tue May 18 1999 - 18:01:42 CEST

> From: skoge@chembio.ntnu.no
> Date: 18 May 1999 14:53:09 +0200
> To: yokims@hanmail.net
> Cc: ixp@leicester.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: On the question of Helicopter control and it's simulation

Dear Kim

I can't say with certainty whether it is the simulation or something
else that prevents you from running the example. I would need to know
how you have set the simulation up (eg. how you generated the
stochastic signal, around which frequencies, etc). You are best
advised to talk to simulation experts at your own University.

Good luck

Regards

Ian

> Hello! Professpr Sigurd
>
> This is south-korea located far east.
> I am graduate student at ajou unversity. My major interest is
> autopilot of vehile. 6 month ago, I got a book you published.
> The book is very helpful to me. I can concrete my knolwege on
> the control theory and complex mathematic.
> Recently I designed attitude controller of model helicopter
> at hover. I designed the controller on the based what you guided
> The simulation result show good. But several question remain to me
> The most thing I can't underthing is why need scaling and how can scale.
> on the matrices of B or C. Another thing is the method of
> simulating closed loop the plant equipped controller.
> Of course, In the frequence region and in the case of a simple
> deterministic signal, I can do it well.
> I failed to simulate the closed-loop plant. in the case of
> multivariable and stochastic signal.
> I got and analyzed the sample code on the helicopter control
> which is in your book. Very sorry. there is no code on the stochastic
> case. how can I do simulate like the fig 12.6 12.7 pp.478
> please let me know the general simulation technique of continouse plant
> on the digital computer in the time region.
> Especailly the plant described like this.
>
> dot x = A*x + B1*u + Gam*w -- system eqution
> y = C1*x + D11*u + D12*w
> z = C2*x + D22*v -- measurement equ
>
> I work with matlab/simulink. I have done it as following
> please,commnet on my method.
>
> set inital contion x(:,1)=[ ]';
>
> for
>
> u(:,i) = controller_eqution(x:,i);
>
> y(:,i)=C*x(:,i) + D11*u(:,i) + D12*w(:,i);
>
> z = C2*x(:.i) + v(:.i);
>
> x(:,i+1) = x(:,i) + dt*(A*x(:,i) + B1*u(:,i)+B2*w(:i));
>
> end
>
> Best Regard
>
> p.s , My name is kim yang-ook.
>

> is limited on the frequecy