On optimal scaling of a matrix

From: EdgarTamayo <cruzmen@telusplanet.net>
Date: Wed Jun 23 1999 - 04:56:50 CEST

Dear Dr. Skogestad,
   I have purchased your book, Multivariable Feedback Control recently. Although, I find Robust Control a difficult subject, I enjoy reading your book. I find the topic on optimal scaling a matrix interesting. Could you please send me a matlab file for optimal scaling of a matrix by minimizing its condition number? Is there a pseudo code that does not involve any matlab functions that will enable me to program this optimal scaling in Basic of Fortran? Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Edgar C. Tamayo