Pricing of your book, in the US

From: Wiley-Interscience-Europe <wiley-sxb@dx-net.fr>
Date: Tue Jul 30 1996 - 11:59:44 CEST

Strasbourg, 23 July, 1996

Dear Professor Skogestad, dear Professor Postlethwaite,

Thank you very much for all the correspondence and discussions you had with
our office here in Strasbourg, and in Chichester, concerning the list price
of your book in the US.

Please accept my apologies for the in-house procedure at price-fixing, not
being very transparent from outside of Wiley. Fortunately, the result of
all your efforts, who had all my support, finally resulted in reducing the
US-price from US$ 60.00 to US$ 49.95. I hope you are pleased to hear and I
am sure this decision will help the sales in the US to be as successful as
the sales through Chichester (world-wide). The 100 copies we published as a
cloth edition, at a higher price, were sold very easily. The paper edition
is selling very well, so short after publication it is very promising to
have reached 722 copies sold as per today and we have ordered a reprint of
500 copies to secure stock in Chichester and New York.

Again, please accept my apologies for the awesome discussions. Only very
few times, the marketing department in New York differ in their appreciation
of the market of a book, from our marketing department in Chichester.

With best wishes for nice holidays,

Yours sincerely,

Jan de Landtsheer
Senior Publishing Editor